Young Engineers – South East Melbourne Programs
e² Young Engineers (ESYE) represents thousands of children around the world who participate in our after school edutainment curricula. Our sessions provide theoretical knowledge and practical implementation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) basics.
Young Engineers provide an engaging, hands-on learning platform. The educational goals are achieved by using LEGO® and K’nex® assembly kits uniquely designed by our staff, demonstrating the scientific principles in a fun and accessible fashion; combining experiments that form scientific intuition with stories that capture the imagination.
“Children’s games are significant;
They have a tremendous role shaping the child’s life”
– e² Young Engineers –
Our most popular program introduces elementary school children (ages 6-12) to the basic principles of mathematics, science and engineering. By integrating the basic arithmetic learned in school with an intuitive active learning process, children grasp a better understanding of the fundamentals of physics.
e² Young Engineers provide an engaging, hands-on learning platform. Each week, a working model is built and children that complete before the end of the session are encouraged and or challenged to make their model work differently or build something to enhance it, thus explore and understand the principles taught as well as be creative.
The models could be amusement park rides, vehicles, cranes etc. All equipment is provided. The delivery and content will vary depending on the participant’s ages, skill levels and experiences.
Suitable for: Ages 6-12
Average lesson duration: 60/75 minutes
Young Engineers LEGO Challenge Enrichment ProgramThe Main Goal and Idea behind the program
The main goal of Young Engineers enrichment programs is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge on basic principles in mathematics, science and engineering using motorized LEGO® bricks and other methods that produce motion.
The main idea of Young Engineers LEGO® Bricks Challenge is learning the subjects through stories and demonstrations. The highlight of each lesson is the building stage of a model that demonstrates the lesson’s subject using LEGO® bricks and Technic LEGO®. Each participant receives our unique Young Engineers kit which has been designed and manufactured especially for this purpose.Program Subjects Include
- Basic and complex mathematics: Instructors teach basic math, from addition and subtraction to exponents.
- Famous scientific and philosophical figures: Archimedes, Sir Isaac Newton, Einstein, and more.
- Powers and principles in physics: Centrifugal and centripetal forces, the power of inertia, potential energy, kinetic energy, action and reaction law, buoyancy, torques, fulcrum, load division, angular momentum, and more.
- Develops motor skills
- Encourages creative thinking
- Develops the ability of analyzing engineering process
- Strengthens social aptitude and develops communication and teamwork ability
- Expands horizons and general knowledge in physics and various natural phenomena
Building and Investigating
- Amusement park rides
- Transportation vehicles